World Textile Information Network Ltd ("WTiN" or "We", "us"), respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy.
World Textile Information Network (WTiN) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our products.
What information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) collection
- We collect PII from you during your contact with WTiN. That includes information you provide to us.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our Products including information relating to any purchases you make of our Products, such as whether you opt to make use of our free and/or promotional Products. However, we do not retain your credit or debit card information.
- Once you have registered or otherwise interacted with us, we create a customer record profile at our end. We keep your profile up to date by adding information about your registrations or subscriptions, the WTiN events you attend, the content you access, how you interact with our offerings, and the like. To offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one of WTiN products may be combined with information obtained through other WTiN products.
- We also may receive information about you from external sources, such as LinkedIn, Xing, ZoomInfo, Crunchbase and other data partners, that are not affiliated with WTiN and add that to the information you have provided to us. For example, we may expand our data set by acquiring names and contact details from our data partner that compile contact information on our behalf. This information might be public information or data you provided to others with authorisation to share it with third parties.
- User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, job profile, location and any content or personal data that you voluntarily disclose such as photo, social media account links, email address, etc. that you have uploaded to the Products, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Products (during WTiN virtual or hybrid events) or address your request for our Products. Your username may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Products and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
Automatic information collection
- Through these technologies we gather information about you, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, and navigation history.
- We may also use these technologies to gather information about your interactions with our Products, such as the time and date when you viewed or used a page or item of content or functionality, which advertisements or sponsored content you have clicked on and whether you filled out an online form.
- When you receive newsletters or promotional emails from WTiN, we use customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and which links you click, in order to provide you more focused email communications or other information.
We use information gathered through these tools to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations, and to otherwise improve the Products. By allowing us to understand how you use our Products, these tools can help us provide you with a better, more relevant online experience.
We reserve the right to use new technologies, as they become available, to gather additional, relevant information from our users and improve our Products and your experience of them.
Use of Personal Data
- The Personal Data we collect is used to provide you with the Product that you have requested or to respond to an enquiry that you have made.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Send to you content, materials and/or other products via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and enable our payment partner to collect payments from you;
- Send you general communications about the Product provided to you by WTiN at that time (such as administration and/or service emails);
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- We use certain third-party service providers to assist us in providing these services to you, for example, email newsletters, lead capturing forms, event management software and webinars.
- The Personal Data we acquire will not be used for third party marketing purposes except where you have indicated that we may do so on the registration page itself.
- Event sponsors and partners - we may share your personal data with sponsors of WTiN events, WTiN content sponsors and partners for marketing purposes when you have given your permission for us to do so.
- The information collected from website and/or WTiN event participation could be stored for as long as is required for the uses stated above.
Right to Opt-out
Please note that WTiN has a number of product offerings and we allow you to opt-out selectively. If you wish to remove your email address from a specific list, please use the 'email preferences' link provided in email you have (it's in the footer). Alternatively, you can let us know by sending an email to email@example.com Website registered users or subscribers can edit their newsletter preferences by visiting the 'My WTiN' section on the site.
Website registered users or subscribers can edit their newsletter preferences by visiting the 'My WTiN' section on the site.
Period of Grace
Should you request that we amend or suppress records containing your Personal Data we will endeavour to do so as promptly; however you may receive communications for a transitional period whilst we process your records.
Correcting and Updating Your Information
If you are a registered user or subscriber to WTiN.com, you can access your account information and make corrections or updates upon log-in. The accuracy of such information is solely your responsibility. You may also separately contact us to request access to other PII about you which is in our possession. If you request to deactivate your account or delete your PII, we will endeavour to fulfil your request, but some PII may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Disclosure of your information
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are selling (or are contemplating selling); and
International Data Transfers
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure similar protection and put in place at least one of these safeguards:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
We may also use specific approved contracts that use Standard Contractual Clauses for the protection of personal data where appropriate, with our service providers that are based in countries outside the UK. These contracts give your personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
WTiN (or our service providers) may process your Personal Data in other countries than your country of residence, whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as in the UK and the European Union. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in those countries as within the UK and the European Union.
If you are not situated in the UK or the European Union whilst using the website, information which you provide shall be transferred from a country (such as the United States and Japan) which does not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the UK and European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Choice of two notice of changes