World Textile Information Network (WTiN) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our website users, magazine subscribers, advertisers and event attendees.
This policy may be supplemented by additional terms or notices disclosed to you in connection with your service agreement.
What information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) collection
- We collect PII from you in the course of your contact with WTiN. That includes information you provide to us when you subscribe or register for any of our digital, printed products, events, or offerings; sign up for newsletters; participate in a survey; and/or purchase a product or service.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, printed products and/or events including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, such as whether you opt to make use of our free and/or promotional goods or services. However, we do not retain your credit or debit card information; and
- Once you have registered or otherwise interacted with us, we create a customer record profile at our end. We keep your profile up to date by adding information about your registrations or subscriptions, the WTiN events you attend, the content you access, how you interact with our offerings, and the like. In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one of WTiN products may be combined with information obtained through other WTiN products.
- We also may receive information about you from external sources that are not affiliated with WTiN and add that to the information you have provided to us. For example, we may expand our data set by acquiring names and contact details from our data partner that compile contact information on our behalf. This information might be public information or data you provided to others with authorization to share it with third parties.
Automatic information collection
- Through these technologies we gather information about you, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, and navigation history.
- We may also use these technologies to gather information about your interactions with our Products, such as the time and date when you viewed or used a page or item of content or functionality and whether you filled out an online form.
- When you receive newsletters or promotional emails from WTiN, we use customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and which links you click, in order to provide you more focused email communications or other information.
We use information gathered through these tools to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations, and to otherwise improve the Products.
We reserve the right to use new technologies, as they become available, to gather additional, relevant information from our users and improve our Products and your experience of them.
Use of Personal Data
- The Personal Data we collect is used to provide you with the Product that you have requested or to respond to an enquiry that you have made.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Send to you content, materials and/or other products purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and enable our payment partner to collect payments from you;
- Send you general communications about the product provided to you by World Textile Information Network at that time (such as administration and/or service emails);
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- We use certain third-party service providers to assist us in providing these services to you, for example, email newsletters, lead capturing forms, event management software and webinars.
- The Personal Data we acquire will not be used for third party marketing purposes except where you have indicated that we may do so on the registration page itself.
- We will not sell, rent or loan any personally identifiable information collected on this website.
- The information collected from website and/or WTiN event participation could be stored for as long as is required for the uses stated above.
Right to Opt-out
Please note that WTiN has a number of product offerings (website subscription, journal subscription, events) and we allow you to opt-out selectively. If you wish to remove your email address from a specific list, please use the 'email preferences' link provided in email you have received (its in the footer). Alternatively, you can let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Website registered users or subscribers can do edit their newsletter preferences by visiting the 'My WTiN' section on the site.
Period of Grace
Should you request that we amend or suppress records containing your Personal Data we will endeavour to do so as promptly; however you may receive communications for a transitional period whilst we process your records.
Correcting and Updating Your Information
If you are a registered user or online subscriber to WTiN.com, you can access your account information and make corrections or updates upon log-in. The accuracy of such information is solely your responsibility. You may also separately contact us to request access to other PII about you which is in our possession. If you request to deactivate your account or delete your PII, we will endeavour to fulfil your request but some PII may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Disclosure of your information
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are selling (or are contemplating selling); and
Cross-Border Information Transfer
WTiN (or our service providers) may process your Personal Data in other countries than your country of residence, whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as in the European Union. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in those countries as within the European Union.
If you are not situated in the European Union whilst using the website, information which you provide shall be transferred from a country (such as the United States and Japan) which does not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
- Innovate Textile and Apparel
- Textile Business Futures
- Textile 4.0 Conference
- Re:Think Material
- Future Textile Awards
- Digital Textile Conference
- Textile Finishing Conference
- Digital Textile
- Future Textile
- International Dyer & Technical Finisher
- Knitting International
- Nonwovens Report International